How to Login:
- Visit http://mypascoconnect.pasco.k12.fl.us
- Username:Student ID Number
- Password:District Password (in MyStudent under Classified)
Need a Computer:
- Email Mrs. Doohen, Assistant Principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss options for picking up a device.
The District recommends laptops (Windows, Mac, or Chromebook) with a camera and a recent version of the Chrome browser on the device. We also recommend 4-8G of RAM. Less memory will work but may be slow.
Other devices, including tablets and iPads with the Chrome browser installed, will work for most applications, however, they may not work for all applications. Students may also use the browsers on many common video game platforms to access online courses, but those devices may not support some of the activities and applications linked within the course materials.
Specific iPad versions that are confirmed compatible include, iPad Air and newer, iPad Mini 2 and newer. Older versions or iPads may not work for all applications.
How It Works:
Tutorials on district’s Twitter and Facebook feeds, as well as on the Coronavirus Information page:
- Students can login any time of day to complete work.
- Students can work in small blocks of time and do NOT need to login according to a standard school day schedule.
- Attendance is tracked by whether a student completes the assigned work for the week.Students may submit weekly work Monday – Sunday, and may work ahead.
- Teachers may also host webinar sessions and/or make office hours available for phone calls.
- Teachers may be contacted within the system using the INBOX and Discussion Board features.
- Students who receive additional supports (ESE, 504, or ELL services) will have the case manager reach out for check-ins and support.
- If students do not have a printer, they may complete work in a piece of paper and upload a picture or scan of their assignment as an alternative.
What If There Is No Internet Service @ Home?
Charter Spectrum is offering free Wi-Fi access for 60 days to households with K-12 and/or college students who do not already have a Spectrum broadband subscription at any service level up to 100 Mbps. To enroll call 1-844-488-8395. Installation fees will be waived for new student households. Wi-Fi hotspots across Spectrum’s footprint will also be available for public use.
Other service providers, including AT&T, CenturyLink, Comcast, Cox Communications, Google Fiber, Sprint, T-Mobile, and Verizon have agreed that for the next 60 days they will open Wi-Fi hotspots to all Americans who need them, not terminate any services to residential or small business customers who can’t pay their bills due to complications from the pandemic, and also waive any late fees those customers might incur due to economic disruptions prompted by the coronavirus.
How Can I Contact My Child’s Teacher(s)?
Please use one of the following methods:
- Inbox message in MyLearning
- Email (refer to school website for email address information)
- Phone (refer to teacher’s course for information – note: some teachers are using Google Voice)
What If I Need Tech Support?
- Email: TechHelp@pasco.k12.fl.us
- Phone: 813-794-2859, 7am-9pm Monday-Friday
- Live chat 7 am-9 pm Monday-Friday at Technology Help Desk Live Chat (Look for the green chat box in the lower right hand corner)
What If I Don’t See All Classes?
- This week is for getting started. Most core classes (English, Math, Social Studies & Science) are active.
- Elective and other course offerings will launch April 6.
Does Attendance Count?
- Every Monday, teachers will record attendance for the work students complete the prior week. Students who complete all required work prior to the end of the week may work ahead or enjoy some free time.
Do the Grades Count?
- The grades for work completed online will be used to calculate the fourth quarter report card grade. Grades will be shown in MyLearning. Parents should create an observer account to monitor their student’s progress and grades. (Instructions on the district’s distance learning website.)
What About Special Programs (APEX, Credit/Course Recovery)?
- Those programs will continue to utilize their regular course materials and platforms. Teachers will follow up with students this week to answer questions about services and supports.
What About Special Programs (AP, IB, Intensive Reading)?
- Those programs will utilize digital curriculum coordinated by the instructor. Teachers will follow up this week with instructions and to answer questions.
What About Our Early Childhood Program?
- The program will utilize digital curriculum on MyLearning. Ms. Lynn will follow up this week with instructions and to answer questions.
What About Other ESE Programs?
- Those programs will utilize curriculum coordinated by the instructor. Teachers will follow up this week with instructions and to answer questions about services and supports.
Can My Student Pick Up Their Belongings/Band Instrument?
- Schools have been prioritizing issuing computers to families who need them. Procedures for students to pick up band instruments are forthcoming. Check the Charm site. Contact Mr. Mulder if you have any questions. Other requests that require access to the school building will not be coordinated until after May 1.
When Will School Resume?
- At this time, we do not have a projected date for on campus classes to resume. The district continues to follow the directives issued by the Florida Department of Education, as well as guidance from the CDC and local health department. As of 3/31, we know that schools will remain closed until May 1.
Have GradBash, Prom, or other field trips been cancelled?
- The district continues to follow the directives issued by the Florida Department of Education, as well as guidance from the CDC and local health department. Any activity prior to May 1 is cancelled and refunds will be processed. Please monitor the school’s website and social media platforms for updates about other school activities.