Instructions. Please look below to locate the summer enhancements for your class (the grade into which you will be this coming school year). All work should be completed as directed and must be submitted the first day of school (unless a different due date is specified). Students are to plan their time accordingly so that they meet all expectations to a high degree of excellence. Click on the links below to download the attachments. Please revisit this page after June 1st, for all enrichment assignments this summer.
History of the Americas
AP Human Geography
Students should be enrolled in a MyLearning (Canvas) class where suggested summer “start up” items are located. NOTHING is required, however students should at least look through the online course description so that they know what items are suggested and they can see if there is anything they would like to complete over the summer to lessen their load during the year. If you are not in the summer class, please contact Mrs. Coss at firstname.lastname@example.org
Guidance and IB Core (IB Seniors)
Complete the letter of recommendation request form posted on ManageBac by Mrs. Baker
- Work on CAS activities and complete reflections on your ManageBac account. Our goal is for CAS completion by the end of January.
- Be sure to meet all Extended Essay due dates for work. Consult the Timeline and other guiding resources on ManageBac.
- Research and download college applications this summer to begin your college essays and to get a “jump start” on completing college applications.
- Visit college/university websites to research and take virtual tours. Create a list of 5-10 colleges you will apply to.
Guidance and IB Core (IB Juniors)
- Begin thinking about CAS activities you can get involved with and explore as you will need to start entering CAS activities day one of your Junior year.
- If traveling this summer, plan college visits to nearby schools you may be interested in attending. If staying local, visits schools in our greater Tampa Bay area to learn of their offerings.
- Research colleges/universities to which you may be interested in applying.
Guidance Summer (Pre-IB Freshmen & Pre-IB Sophomores)
- Volunteer for community service in an area you are passionate about and complete the school’s community service form for hours to be placed on your high school transcript. (A minimum of 25 hours is suggested.)
- Document using the form indicated following the guidelines for community service.
- Research colleges and universities of interest. What summer programs might they offer to high school students?
- Take a free online career-interest inventory to gain insight on career interests.